Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sunday Coffee Talk

Coffee is not only a great accompaniment to music but to reading as well. If you read my little bio (or know me), you are aware that I am a Christian (one who serves Christ).  He's the reason and source of my existence and I love Him with all of my heart. I seek to please Him through everything I do.
So my coffee reading is the Bible. I would hope that you would all join me in making this your regular coffee companion. God's Word is our manual to life and His love letter to us.

I will try to make it a weekly (at least) occurrence that I share a thought from the Bible. You can decide whether it goes with your coffee. I strongly suggest it. :)

A passage of scripture that I have been drawing from in the last week is 1 John 2: 1&2

(1) My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: (2) And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

I love this scripture because I so often fail my Father. I do sin. I mess up. I get angry with my family. I say things I shouldn't. I forget to pray. But Jesus is my advocate. He is my representative. He sees my heart of repentance and He takes my case before the Father. He took punishment for my sin and I am forgiven. His mercy is never ending. Even greater, this mercy is not just for me. It is for the whole world. It doesn't matter what a person has done, God loves them. God loves you. He wants fellowship with you. And He is waiting with mercy and forgiveness for you to turn to Him.

Thank you, Jesus, that you are my advocate and the propitiation for my sins.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog, Kate! I didn't realize you were keeping it up. I'll be subscribing to your shenanigans.

    ReplyDelete