Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sunday Coffee Talk

Sundays are such peaceful days. 
Except for riding the van with eleven children... and teaching the two and three year olds...

Okay well, Sunday afternoons are peaceful. Currently, I'm sitting on the couch with a cafe mocha listening to music. It's pretty perfect. 

I've been drinking Starbucks via drinks lately. (click here if you haven't been introduced to the world of via yet) I've tried the plain coffee before and it didn't blow my mind. Brewed is just so much better. Yesterday I tried the pumpkin spice latte and it was pretty stinking good.
Side note. (on the side. clever, right?)
I told the kids on the bus today that I stinking love sour patch kids.
I was informed that I can only say that if they literally stink.
My bad, kids.
So anyway, the pumpkin spice latte via did not stink. But it was quite good.
The cafe mocha is just ohkay. I'm not a chocolate lover though. (I know, I know, blasphemy)

My song choice of the day is It Was Love by Abandon. I had actually never heard of this band until this song came on the radio a few weeks ago. I loved it right away.
The chorus says, "It wasn't nails that held You to the cross, it was love." 
The love that Jesus had for us was enough that he was willing to suffer through torture and death on the cross. He bore our sin and shame on that cross. The nails did not hold Him there. His power goes so far beyond material restraints. When Peter tried to fight the soldiers, Jesus reminded him that He wasn't being forced but willingly going.
     
Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels? (Matthew 26:53)

At any time, He could have called those angels. But he didn't. Because He loves us.

He didn't have to suffer and die. But he did, He bled and died a horrible death all for us. Because he loves us.


No comments:

Post a Comment